Your involvement as a patient, carer or part of the wider community is important. We’d love to hear from you.
How to register
Please get in touch to ask about involvement opportunities and activities.
You can get involved through our patient and public involvement team. Opportunities include:
- Helping us to recruit staff
- Taking part in focus and involvement groups
- Working with us to improve our services
- Working with us on a range of projects
- Taking part in hospital inspections about the quality and safety of our services and environmental factors.
How will I benefit from getting involved?
People who get involved in developing services say it is rewarding and fulfilling to know their experience is being used to benefit others.
- Helping you retain skills and learn new ones
- Building your confidence and improving wellbeing
- Aiding recovery
- Giving you an opportunity to develop new interests
- Supporting you to go back into paid or voluntary work
- Working as part of a team
- Teaching others
- Helping us to improve care.
You can use your knowledge and experiences to influence services.
We will take your involvement seriously and listen to your suggestions and act where appropriate.
We will provide necessary support, training and expenses. Find out more about being registered for involvement opportunities.
Why do we want you to be involved?
We want to listen and learn from you about:
- What’s working well
- What helps people recover or manage mental ill health and learning disabilities what needs to change or improve within our services so we can provide good quality care
- What helps service users and carers
- What support we can offer carers.
We want to make sure that people:
- Understand our aims and aspirations
- Are kept to date with our latest plans and developments
- Have the opportunity to make their views known
- Believe they will be listened to and that their views can make a difference
- Feel genuinely engaged in our development as we move forward
- Have a better understanding of mental health and learning disability services
- Feel that we understand their expectations and strive to exceed them.
If you become an involvement member your details will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. View our privacy notice.
Other ways to get involved
And there are other ways that you get involved in our trust. You could: