About the hospital
Foss Park opened in April 2020. It provides a range of services, including inpatient mental health wards for working-age adults and older people.
There are four inpatient mental health wards:
- Ebor ward – female adult beds
- Minster ward – male adult beds
- Wold View – for people with dementia
- Moor Croft – for older people with mental health conditions such as psychosis, severe depression or anxiety.
All patient accommodation is provided on the ground floor, has single, en-siute bedrooms and offers access to safe outdoor spaces in gardens and landscaped courtyards.
Other teams and services at this site
- Section 136 assessment suite
- Electroconvulsive therapy suite
- Yorks adult crisis teams
- York care home and dementia team
- Research and development
Foss Park has free car parking spaces.
This film, produced by the civil engineering company involved in the build, gives a bird’s-eye view of the spectacular site as it neared completion.