Our training scheme is aimed at those who just missed out on a place in core training or alternatively colleagues who may want more experience before deciding whether psychiatry is the specialty for them!
The Trust will offer a minimum 12 month contract to successful applicants, and they will be eligible for an attractive relocation package of £5,000 and protected time to attend our unique development programme.
You will be in a large and developing trust with enthusiastic peer group colleagues, many of whom have progressed into core training or Specialty Doctor posts.
Access to this unique programme includes:
- Free access to Royal College e-learning material
- Training on how to develop and maintain a portfolio
- Expert clinical supervision, embedding feedback on clinical skills
- Leadership and management training
- Attendance at local postgraduate teaching programme
- CASC Club place guaranteed
- Communication skills programme
- Emotional intelligence training, including 360 degree feedback
- 1:1 support in evidence based practice
- Attendance at Independent Assessment of Clinical Skills
- Medical students teaching opportunities
- Tailored physical health care training (provided by Acute Trust)
- Clinical audit opportunities.
On-call work is included once you are up and running in the Trust.