Phone: 01423 795150
Lead contact name: Natalie Harland (Social Worker/Mental Health Practitioner)
What is the Understanding and Managing Emotions Group?
It is normal and natural for everyone to experience emotion; sometimes emotions can feel overwhelming and difficult to manage. This feeling can lead to us doing things which may not be helpful in the long term.
Our group helps us to understand changes in our emotions and how to control them, so that they feel manageable and less overwhelming.
How does it work?
The group is free to join.
It is a face-to-face group held at Gracious Street Methodist Church in Knaresborough on Thursday afternoons, 2pm – 4pm.
There will be up to 10 people in each session which includes the group leader, Natalie Harland, and a co-facilitator from her team.
This is a six-week course taking place once a week.
Each session lasts one hour and 15 minutes (this includes a break time).
Before attending the group, we will provide you with information about COVID-19 and how to stay safe. You will not be able to attend if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have COVID-19.
So we can get to know you there will be:
- A resource pack provided in preparation for the group.
- Individual review sessions will take place prior to and after the first, third and sixth group session, to monitor your progress.
What should I expect?
- There will be activities and discussions in each session. This gives you the chance to share your views and practice your new skills.
- For you to benefit it is really important for you to take part and engage with each session.
- You should only share with the group what you feel comfortable with.
- Between sessions you will be asked to complete some related tasks at home. This will help you to use the skills learnt in everyday life.
How can I join?
If you’re interested in joining the group please contact:
- Natalie Harland (Social Worker/Mental Health Practitioner) on 01423 795150 or
- Your Community Mental Health Team Lead Professional or Care Co-ordinator.
L1122b, V1, 12 / 10 / 2021 (archive 13 / 10 / 2024)