Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service provides specialist care and support for those due to leave the armed forces, reservists and those who’ve already left. Developed by veterans, for veterans, Op COURAGE is available across England.
Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust (CNTW) is the lead provider of Op COURAGE for the North of England. We work in partnership with Pennine Care NHS FT, Leeds and York Partnership NHS FT, Humber Teaching NHS FT, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS FT, Walking With The Wounded, and Combat Stress.
What services does Op Courage offer?
Op COURAGE offers a range of specialist support and treatment for members of the armed forces community, which includes:
- helping to recognise and treat early signs of mental health problems, as well as more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- providing support and treatment for co-occurring mental health and substance use
- liaising with charities and local organisations to support wider health and wellbeing, such as help with housing, relationships, finances and employment
- referring to other NHS services, where needed
- recognising that family may also need help and care and supporting them to access this.
How to refer?
Op COURAGE provides an improved and enhanced mental health service for veterans. All veterans living in the North of England will be able to access Op COURAGE through a single phone point of contact.
Tel: 0300 373 33 32
The service will be available 8am – 8pm, 7 days a week
Veterans can self-refer, or be referred by a family member, a third sector organisation or their GP.
If you live somewhere else in England, find out how you can access Op COURAGE on the NHS website.
Or you can download this poster with a map showing how to reach your local Op COURAGE service.
Links to useful websites
A range of self help guides and useful information is also available in the Patient Information section of CNTW’s website.
Tel: 0300 373 3332
SR2 0NBOpCourage North – Information for patients