North Yorkshire and York: 01609 642 944
Durham: 01325 742119
Cleveland (Teesside): 01642 302090
Who we are
The liaison and diversion team consists of mental health nurses, liaison and diversion practitioners, support workers, speech and language therapist, peer mentors and care navigators.
How we can help you
The service gives you the opportunity to talk about your concerns and agree a support plan in a private setting, where possible.
The aim of the service is:
- to give advice and support for people in the criminal justice system who have learning or mental health needs, or who are experiencing other vulnerabilities
- to liaise with other professionals involved in your care
- to give information about other services
- signposting referral to other services
- individual assessment of your needs
- to contribute to risk assessments with relation to learning disability or mental health issues and other vulnerabilities
- to arrange access to appropriate mental health or learning disability services and support you to engage in those services
- to help you work towards your recovery.
All sensitive information will remain confidential, however, should risks to yourself or others be identified, or you disclose details of an offence, information may be shared with other agencies, including the police and social services. Please see the Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys (TEWV) NHS Foundation Trust privacy notice given to / discussed with you at first contact, for further details about information sharing, storage and use.
|Date last updated:||05 / 2019|
|Archive date:||05 / 2022|
Was this information useful? Please let us know by clicking here.