If your child is receiving support from a CAMHS team and is in crisis during their operational hours, please contact them directly and ask to speak to your child’s worker or another clinician. Out of hours, please contact your locality crisis team.
In a mental health emergency you can contact your local CAMHS crisis and liaison team using the freephone telephone number below:
|Freephone||0800 0516 171|
|Opening hours||24 hours a day, seven days a week.|
Who are the child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) crisis and liaison team?
The crisis and liaison team provide mental health support to young people (up to the age of 18) who are experiencing a crisis with their mental health.
What can the crisis team do for me?
The team respond to the immediate mental health needs of young people, offering short term help, either at home or in the community, and will stay involved until there is a resolution of the immediate crisis.
Who can call us?
Anyone who is concerned about a young person experiencing a mental health crisis can contact the service.
When to call us?
- If a young person is suicidal or has self-harmed.
- If a young person is experiencing extreme emotional distress that won’t stop.
- If a young person is experiencing sudden or severe anxiety which is preventing them getting on with their normal life.
- If a young person is in extreme emotional distress and would like to speak to someone.
- If anyone needs urgent advice about a young person’s mental health.
What we can and can’t do
- Complete urgent mental health and risk assessments.
- Offer advice and support about how to cope in a crisis.
- Help the young person and carers make plans to keep a young person safe.
- Develop plans to offer ongoing support as and when required.
- Provide medication.
- Physically restrain a young person.
- Provide accommodation.
|Date last updated:||11/09/2020|