The team provides a specialist adolescent forensic psychiatry and psychology service that works with young people and families across Teesside, County Durham and parts of North Yorkshire.
The adolescent forensic outpatient team is based at:
West Lane Hospital, Acklam Road, Middlesbrough, TS5 4EE.
Tel number: 01642 529650, Fax number: 01642 529649
About the service
The adolescent forensic service is a specialist adolescent forensic psychiatry and psychology service that works with young people and families across Teesside, County Durham and parts of North Yorkshire.
The service offer a range of treatments and interventions to meet the needs of young people and their families.
The team aim to help young people with their mental health problems to reduce further victimisation and offending.
The service works in partnership with youth offending teams, courts, local authorities and other support services.
Reducing stigma through early intervention is a primary goal.
We believe that young people should receive the care and treatment they need in surroundings that best meet their needs.
Who do the team work with?
The team work with young people aged between 10 and 18 years old:
- With suspected/confirmed mental health disorder, abnormal development or emerging personality difficulties
- With a profile of serious offending eg interpersonal violence, sexual offences, fire setting
- Who present with significant or increasing risk to others (such cases may be considered in the absence of convictions).
Who's on the team?
- Clinical senior lecturer and honorary consultant in the psychiatry of adolescence
- Consultant child and adolescent forensic psychiatrist
- Consultant clinical psychologist
- Team manager
- Community mental health nurse
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Medical secretary.
Getting to West Lane Hospital, Middlesbrough
See where we are and get directions on Google maps.
There is free parking at the hospital.