What is ADHD?
Children with ADHD often have many problems at home and school. Most children have problems in:-
- make mistakes
- find it hard to concentrate
- forgetfulness and lose things
- easily bored
- on the go, whizzing about
- can’t sit still
- runs around and climbs
- talks a lot
- finds it hard to wait your turn
- shouting answer before questions are finished
- home life
What causes ADHD?
We don’t know exactly, but we are starting to understand better. What we do know supports the idea that ADHD is a real condition.
There is not just one single cause – ADHD is an imbalance of chemicals in the brain and can run in families. ADHD can look different in every young person.
Top 5 tips for dealing with ADHD
1. Find out as much as you can about ADHD
2. Be positive
3. Stick to routines set for you
4. Focus on your strengths
5. Talk to your parents, teachers and friends if you have any problems.
|Date last updated:||12 / 2016|
|Archive date:||12 / 2019|
Was this information useful? Please let us know by clicking here.