What is depression?
You might find it hard to be happy. You:
- may not want to do the things you usually do
- may not be able to sleep or you may sleep too much
- may feel like hurting yourself
- may not want to talk to people
- may feel like eating a lot or not eat enough
- may want to be on your own.
Why do you feel like this?
- something bad might have happened to you
- something might have gone wrong in your life
- you may not know why you feel like this.
What can you do?
Talk to someone like a friend, support worker, nurse or doctor.
How can we help?
We will talk to you about how you are feeling and to make sure you are safe.
We will talk to you about the best way to help you.
This could be:
- talking to someone regularly until you feel better
- helping you learn to cope with life.
Sometimes your nurse or doctor may talk to you about tablets that may help you.
We will always ask if you are happy with how we are going to help you.
Sometimes we need to talk to other people who know you well. We will always ask you if this is OK unless you or other people are not safe.
A link to our easy read patient and carer information including imagery for this service can be downloaded here;
|Date last updated:||07/05/2019|