What is ADHD?
Children with ADHD often have many problems at home and school. Most children have problems in:-
- make mistakes
- find it hard to concentrate
- forgetfulness and lose things
- easily bored
- on the go, whizzing about
- can’t sit still
- runs around and climbs
- talks a lot
- finds it hard to wait your turn
- shouting answer before questions are finished
- home life
What causes ADHD?
- We don’t know exactly, but we are starting to understand better. What we do know supports the idea that ADHD is a real condition.
- There is not just one single cause – ADHD is an imbalance of chemicals in the brain and can run in families. ADHD can look different in every young person.
Top 5 tips for dealing with ADHD
- Find out as much as you can about ADHD
- Be positive
- Stick to routines set for you
- Focus on your strengths
- Talk to your parents, teachers and friends if you have any problems.
|Date last updated:||October 2019|
|Archive date:||October 2022|
Was this information useful? Please let us know by clicking here.