The forensic mental health and learning disabilities team aim to work closely alongside each patient in order to provide a high standard of nutritional care and encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
The service we provide includes:
- Ward based assessments and reviews
- Group education sessions
- Healthy eating advice and the promotion of good health
- Training to other health care professionals
- Weight monitoring
- Increase nutritional awareness
- Menu planning and development
- Promotion of healthy choices in the shop and vending machines
- Multi disciplinary team working
- Improve quality of life.
- Male and female mental health wards
- Male and female learning disability wards
- Autism medium secure wards
- Weight management: groups and one to one reviews
- Nutrition support: food fortification advice, prescription of nutritional supplements
- Food intolerances: e.g. coeliac disease, milk intolerances etc
- Advice surrounding nutritional deficiencies.