This service provides specialist mental health services (including an ADHD service) for children and adolescents, and support, information and advice for parents and carers, living in the south Durham area.
The Acley Centre
Off Burn Way, Newton Aycliffe,
County Durham, DL5 4PE
Tel number: 01325 529520
The main functions of the team are:
- Assessment and treatment of children and young people aged 0 – 18 with mental health problems
- To work closely with both statutory and voluntary agencies to provide advice, support and information for parents and carers
- To promote positive mental health in children and young people and reduce stigma
- Teaching and training of medical, nursing and psychology students and trainees in psychiatry.
The child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) across County Durham and Darlington has a single point of access for referrals and self-referrals to CAMHS services. To contact the team please email email@example.com or call 0300 1239296.
Staff at the Acley Centre include:
- Team manager
- Administration staff
- CAMHS clinicians including nurses and social workers
- Support worker
- Child psychotherapist
- Primary mental health workers
- Junior doctor (CT3).
Following an individual assessment, we offer a range of generic and specialist interventions including:
- Individual therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapy
- Solution focused therapy
- Interpersonal psychotherapy
- Parenting work
We can also access other services such as:
- Family therapy
- Play therapy
- Webster-Stratton parenting group.
Currently in process of development.
The type of intervention is agreed following the assessment and the length of treatment is determined by the complexity and severity of the problem.
Getting to the Acley Centre
There is limited, free car parking adjacent to the Acley Centre.
Was this information useful? Please let us know by clicking here.