Our child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) provides assessment and appropriate treatment or intervention for children and young people up to their 18th birthday who are experiencing mental health problems, with the aim of positive mental health promotion.
The team has three main functions
- Assessment and treatment of children and young people up to 18 years old with mental health disorders
- Advice, support and consultation for family, carers and workers from health, social services, educational and voluntary agencies
- Promotion of positive mental health in children and young people.
- Treatments/interventions offered are evidence based and vary from individual, group and family approaches.
Single point of contact for Teesside CAMHS services
The child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) across Teesside has a single point of access for referrals and self-referrals to CAMHS services. To contact the team please call 0300 013 2000 and choose from one of six options:
- Option 1 – Training department
- Option 2 – Middlesbrough CAMHS
- Option 3 – Redcar CAMHS
- Option 4 – Hartlepool CAMHS
- Option 5 – Stockton CAMHS
- Option 6 – CAMHS crisis and liaison team
- Option 7 – CAMHS community eating disorders service