Our Trust Board has committed to a collective promise made by healthcare leaders across the north east and Yorkshire to better support people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities.
This includes ensuring fairness for all and embedding a culture where, no matter your race and/or background, your personal experience, either as a staff member or as someone who access health and care services, it is one that is not influenced by any bias, be it unconscious or not.
In addition, Board members are committed to:
- participating in the Trust’s reverse mentoring programme and receiving mentoring from a BAME member of staff
- hearing directly from BAME staff through participation in a Board seminar with BAME staff
- contributing to future BAME leadership programmes
- attendance at the BAME staff network
- ensuring actions in the Trust Workforce Race Equality Action plan are undertaken.