We will celebrate the World Health Organisation’s international Year of the Nurse and Midwife 2020 across our Trust in many ways; we have some ideas local to our Trust and will also be getting involved in many of the Year of the Nurse and Midwife activities and events NHS England has planned.
Our nursing staff talk about mental health nursing
Our nursing team
We currently have 2325 nurses and eight nurse associates working in our child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS), older people’s services, adult mental health services and forensic services across the Trust area.
below are some examples of what we’ll be getting involved in to celebrate Year of the Nurse and Midwife:
- Awareness weeks: our nursing staff work across a range of services and support people with many mental health conditions, as well as supporting their physical health. We’ll be chatting to nurses about their support in key areas during a number of health awareness weeks this year
- ParkRun Saturday 2nd May: NHS England is hoping to see lots of nursing staff take part in ParkRuns across the country on Saturday 2nd May. Watch out on social media for ParkRun selfies from Trust staff taking part
- 12th May: Florence Nightingale’s 200th birthday and a day to celebrate nursing – we plan to support NHS England by ‘lighting up your buildings blue’ at Trust sites and in local areas
- Tea party: plans are underway for summer tea parties across our Trust where nursing staff can celebrate the Year of the Nurse and Midwife
- Wear blue: we’ll be asking staff to wear blue one day this summer as part of our nursing celebrations
- Annual General Meeting (AGM): we’re hoping to have a great Year of the Nurse and Midwife presence at the Trust’s AGM this July
- Trust nursing conference: our annual Trust nursing conference in October will be the perfect opportunity for us to celebrate all things nursing
- Trust nursing recruitment fayres: we hold a number of recruitment fayres across the country throughout the year. We’ll be promoting Year of the Nurse and Midwife at fayres specifically aimed at attracting nursing staff to come and work for our Trust
- Celebrating University partnerships: we work with a number of Universities to offer nursing degrees so we’ll be sharing more information about these partnerships later this year
- Celebrating success: we’ll be keeping an eye out for news of Trust nursing staff shortlisted for local and national awards. We are delighted to say that nursing staff have made it to the finals of our Trust’s Making a Difference Awards 2019 in the clinician of the year, clinical team of the year, outstanding initiative (clinical) and people’s choice categories.
- Festive cheer: keep an eye out for festive plans involving our nursing staff
Want to know more?
Contact the Trust’s Year of the Nurse and Midwife communications lead on firstname.lastname@example.org