Applications for the 2020 programme for service users, carers and advocates within the Trust area are now open.
The Trust’s Introduction to leadership for service users, carers and advocates programme 2020 aims to:
- support service users, carers and advocates with career and personal development
- develop leadership skills – participants are encouraged to work together, share ideas and experiences and learn from each other
- support and encourage service users, carers and advocates to be effective in influencing and contributing to service improvements
- empower service users, carers and advocates within their own local services
- encourage participants to create and sustain a self supporting network
- provide you with time and space to reflect within a structured approach to leadership learning.
This will be the 21st programme we have delivered and will cover:
- an introduction to leadership
- coaching conversations
- improving personal effectiveness
- participating in and chairing meetings
- time management
- personal development
- difficult conversations
- team working.
A taster event will be held on Wednesday 22 April 2020 for those interested in applying for the programme.
Sessions run monthly from May to December (excluding August), between 10am and 4pm at The Bar Convent, York. Participants are asked to commit to attending all seven days if possible.
Session dates 2020
- Monday 18 May
- Wednesday 24 June
- Wednesday 15 July
- Tuesday 15 September
- Wednesday 21 October
- Wednesday 18 November
- Wednesday 16 December.
If you would like to take part in the programme:
Contact the Trust’s organisational development team for further information:
Tel: 01642 451665
Closing date for application forms is Friday 27 March 2020.
Here’s what previous participants had to say about the course…
“I found the leadership programme thought-provoking and full of useful tools to enable each individual to grow. I have been fully inspired by the teachings on the programme, adapting myself to better understand an individual’s values, beliefs and choices. The leadership programme promotes a deep sense of importance in assisting oneself to adapt his/her mind-set – improving well-being and empowering us to assist others.”
“Well liked course, attended by well liked people. Delivered to a high standard but equally an understandable level. Some great topics of leadership discussed, and some excellent speakers/presenters brought in over the course period. I would say if you’re happy to attend this course then you’ll definitely take some hing of use to you, come the end of it that could be used in everyday life or working life.”
“I really enjoyed the course, I found it boosted my confidence and everyone was really supportive. The course gave me the knowledge and courage to volunteer for the trust, which I am truly grateful for. The course was excellent and I would highly recommend it.”
“The course had a massive impact on me. In a hugely supportive group of fellow learners, I have changed how I interact, how I come across and how to better understand people. Using the tips, techniques and shared experiences I hope to be a better leader whether from the front or from the back. I hope to make a better difference.”