- 2 Bankfields Court - short term care unit
2 Bankfields Court is a short term care unit for adults with learning disabilities, complex health needs and/or behaviours that challenge services. The unit aims to provide a high quality service of person centered care, through supporting both the individual and their families.
- Adult Learning Disabilities Community Team - Teesside North
The service provides a comprehensive assessment of health needs, personalised care planning and interventions for people whose needs are associated with or additional to a learning disability.
- Adult learning disabilities specialist health team
The specialist health team is a community based service for people with learning disabilities
- Behaviour assessment team - Adult learning disabilities
The behaviour team works with adults with a learning disability.
- Community learning disabilities services - Vale of York
The Vale of York community learning disabilities team is a multidisciplinary service that is co-located with City of York Council learning disability care management team.
- Community learning disabilities team - Scarborough, Whitby, Ryedale
The community learning disabilities service is for adults with learning disabilities. The team work to help people to access main stream physical and mental health services.
- Community team - adult learning disabilities service - Harrogate and Craven
The community learning disabilities service is for adults with learning disabilities. The team help people to access mainstream physical and mental health services.
- Community teams for children and young people with learning disabilities in County Durham and Darlington
Our community teams provide high quality, specialist multi-disciplinary assessment, diagnosis and intervention for children and young people with learning disabilities and their families.
- Community teams for children and young people with learning disabilities in Teesside
Working with children and younger people with learning disabilities in Teesside.
- Darlington community health team for adults with learning disabilities
The Darlington community health team helps people with learning disabilities over the age of 18 who have mental health problems, physical problems, behavioural problems, dementia or physical disabilities.
- Day services - Kilton View
Kilton View is a large, fully accessible and resourced building which provides a specialist day service for adults with a learning disability who have complex physical care and support needs, and live in the Redcar and Cleveland area.
- Health facilitation
Our learning disabilities health facilitators work with adults with learning disabilities to help you stay healthy.
- Hospital liaison nurse - Durham and Darlington
A liaison nurse is for adults with learning disabilities.
- How we can work together - positive behaviour support pathway
If your behaviour is a problem for you and others, we have team members who are trained to support you.
- Integrated learning disability teams - County Durham and Darlington
The service provides assessment, intervention and review of health and social care needs for adults with learning disabilities and operates as a multidisciplinary team.
- Intensive home support service - County Durham and Darlington
Providing a flexible and responsive specialist healthcare service to adults with significant challenging behaviour of a nature or degrees arising from a learning disability.
- Learning disabilities challenging behaviour service - County Durham and Darlington
The challenging behaviour service employ registered learning disability nurses who have had additional training to work with children with learning disabilities who have challenging behaviour.
- Learning disability adult services - Harrogate and Craven
A-Z of adult learning disability services in Harrogate and Craven
- Men's group - County Durham and Darlington
A group for men with learning disabilities to learn new skills and make new friends.
- National support organisations
These organisations can provide information and support around mental health and learning disabilities
- Residential services - Thornaby Road
This is a small residential home for five people with learning disabilities and additional support needs in Teeside.
- Short term care at Aysgarth, Stockton on Tees
The team at Aysgarth provide a respite service for adults with learning disabilities who can have complex needs or present with challenging behaviours.
- Support organisations in Middlesborough
Organisations offering support and advice in the Middlesbrough area
- Support organisations in North Durham
Organisations offering support and advice in the North Durham area
- Support organisations in Redcar and Cleveland
Organisations offering support and advice in the Redcar and Cleveland area
- Support organisations in Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale
Organisations offering support and advice in the Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale area
- Support organisations in South Durham and Darlington
Organisations offering support and advice in the South Durham and Darlington area
- The care programme approach (CPA)
CPA supports people who have complex mental health needs, who often require the support of several services.
- Transforming Care programme from NHS England
Homes not hospitals for people with a learning disability
- What is a care plan?
A care plan is a jointly agreed, written plan between you and your care co-ordinator or lead professional which outlines your assessed needs, any risks to yourself or others, personal goals and progress towards your recovery.
- What is integrated psychological therapy?
Integrated psychological therapy is a time-limited, focused, talking therapy. Using a range of psychological approaches, the therapist and client work together to identify and understand the problems they are experiencing.