How we recruit, what we offer and details of upcoming recruitment events
How we recruit
- We advertise all of our jobs on NHS Jobs. View and apply for all vacancies here.
- Keep up to date by following us @TEWV_careers
- Our medical staffing opportunities are available here.
To discuss any vacancies, or talk to one of our staff about working for TEWV, contact our recruitment department.
Tel: 01642 283883
Post: Recruitment department, Flatts Lane Centre, Normanby, Middlesbrough, TS6 0SZ
Our values based recruitment (VBR) makes sure we recruit the right people with the right values and behaviours for the role.
Nurse vacancies in Harrogate and Scarborough
We currently have exciting nursing opportunities in Harrogate and Scarborough. If you'd like to speak to someone about the roles available please contact Laura Miller on 01642 451671. We welcome both experienced and newly qualified nurses as an integral part of the continued success of our innovative, high quality services.
Thurs 28 September - York Jobs Fair
York Railway Institute, 22 Queen Street, York, YO24 1AD
10am - 3pm
We'll be there so pop along and see us to find out more about posts available in our hotel services teams. For more information contact Kingsley Verity on Tel: 07768 965690.
Mon 9 October - Future Mental Health Nursing Conference 2017
ICC Birmingham, Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2EA
We’ll have a recruitment stand at this year's Future Mental Health Nursing Conference. Come and talk to us about our nursing vacancies and the ongoing professional development options we offer. #FutureMHN
Tue 10 October - cleaning and catering recruitment open day
Bootham Park Hospital, Bootham, York, YO30 7BY
10am – 1pm
We have a number of posts available for cleaning and catering staff - Band 2 £15,404 - £18,158 (pro rata).
Drop in and have a chat with us about working for TEWV. No appointment needed. For more information contact Kingsley Verity on Tel: 07768 965690.
Wed 18 October - Band 5 nurse recruitment event in Middlesbrough
Rruitment event for our Teesside and forensic services
Jurys Inn, Fry Street, Middlesbrough, TS1 1JH
More details here on NHS jobs.
We have opportunities for registered mental health nurses to join Teesside and forensic services covering forensic learning disabilities, forensic mental health, adult mental health, children and young people services, learning disability services and mental health services for older people. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to participate in the development programme for preceptorship nurses and will have involvement in role specific development days. There are also many opportunities for further training, personal development and career progression.
Wed 1 November - Health and Life Science Careers Fair 2017
Student Central, University of Bradford
We’ll have a recruitment and information stand at this careers fair. The event is open to all students and graduates from the University of Bradford but will be of particular interest to those looking to work in medical and scientific fields.
Fri 24 and Sat 25 November
Edinburgh (venue TBC)
Recruiting staff to our County Durham, Teesside, North Yorkshire and York services. Staff will be there from our nursing, allied health professionals, psychology and medical staffing departments.
We’ve had some great success at our recent recruitment events…
- At our recruitment event for estates and facilities management, 72 people attended and 63 people got interviews
- 63 on the spot interviews were held at our nurse recruitment event in County Durham and 51 of those people were offered employment
- 35 people were offered jobs after on the day interviews at our nurse recruitment event in York
- When we attended the Royal College of Nursing recruitment event in Glasgow, all 24 people who were interviewed at our stand were offered jobs
Why choose TEWV?
- A variety of specialist services in which to work
- Excellent career and promotional opportunities
- First class supervision and continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities
- A thriving research and development culture
- Supportive preceptorship arrangements for newly qualified staff
- Individual development programmes
We're one of the top ten NHS trusts in the country to work for. We aim to be the best employer we can be and to have skilled, motivated staff providing excellent services. There are many benefits to working for TEWV, including:
- NHS pension scheme
- 27 -33 days annual leave with the option to purchase additional days
- flexible working opportunities
- free car parking, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers
- access to employee support, independent counselling, chaplaincy and physiotherapy
- great career development opportunities
- staff discounts with many retailers.
Find out more about what we offer as an employer
Working for the National Health Service (NHS)
The health service offers a wide range of opportunities for many people. No matter what qualifications you have, there is usually a job you can do.
You might never have considered a career in the NHS, thinking that we only need nurses, doctors and therapists. However, there are other types of jobs needing to be undertaken to ensure the smooth running of the service, e.g. heating and ventilation engineer, estate management, porter, medical illustration, pharmacy, clinical psychology, information technology, stores, medical laboratory and accountancy to name just a few.
Take a look at some of the different jobs people do at TEWV.
We also need to reflect the local population we serve, so we actively encourage applications from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion or race.
But whatever role you apply for, you'll have a personal progress plan, easy access to a wider and more practice based range of in-house training and development opportunities, and be able to take advantage of our excellent links with local colleges and universities. We also encourage your participation in service development and, especially if you are returning to healthcare after a break, you'll find we have successful and practical programmes in place ready to bring your skills up-to-date.
We can also offer some favourable funding arrangements for students, including the payment of course fees, a bursary and time off for study.