How we recruit, what we offer and details of upcoming recruitment events
How we recruit
We advertise all of our jobs on NHS Jobs.
Keep up to date by following us @TEWV_careers
Our values based recruitment (VBR) makes sure we recruit the right people with the right values and behaviours for the role.
To discuss any vacancies, or talk to one of our staff about working for TEWV, contact our recruitment department.
Tel: 01642 283883
Post: Recruitment department, Flatts Lane Centre, Normanby, Middlesbrough, TS6 0SZ
- To view and apply for any vacancies visit NHS Jobs.
- Our medical staffing opportunities are available here.
We currently have exciting nursing opportunities in Harrogate and Scarborough. If you'd like to speak to someone about the roles available please contact Laura Miller on 01642 451671. We welcome both experienced and newly qualified nurses as an integral part of the continued success of our innovative, high quality services.
Nurse recruitment event (North Yorkshire vacancies), 3 August
Cross Lane Hospital, Cross Lane Scarborough YO12 6DN
Are you a qualified nurse, or about to qualify?
We’re looking for people just like you to work in our community and inpatient mental health and learning disabilities teams across North Yorkshire.
Come and see us at our nurse recruitment event for community / inpatient Band 5 nurses across North Yorkshire, 3 August, 10am-5pm, Cross Lane Hospital, Scarborough.
Guaranteed interview for all qualified / soon to qualify nurses, feedback on your interview, permanent positions for successful candidates and newly qualified nurses supportive preceptorship arrangements.
Call 07816 166986 for more information.
Recruitment events at TEWV
Cleaning and catering recruitment open days
Second Tuesday of every month from July to October 2017
Bootham Park Hospital, Bootham, York, YO30 7BY
Tuesday 11 July, 1pm – 4pm
Tuesday 8 August, 10am – 3pm
Tuesday 12 September, 1pm – 4pm
Tuesday 10 October, 10am – 1pm
We have a number of posts available for cleaning and catering staff - Band 2 £15,404 - £18,158 (pro rata).
Drop in and have a chat with us about working for TEWV. No appointment needed. For more information contact Kingsley Verity on Tel: 01642 516851
We’ve had some great success at our recent recruitment events; here are some facts and figures to give you an idea…
- At our recruitment event for estates and facilities management, 72 people attended and 63 people got interviews
- 63 on the spot interviews were held at our nurse recruitment event in County Durham and 51 of those people were offered employment
- 35 people were offered jobs after on the day interviews at our nurse recruitment event in York
- When we attended the Royal College of Nursing recruitment event in Glasgow, all 24 people who were interviewed at our stand were offered jobs
Why choose TEWV?
- A variety of specialist services in which to work
- Excellent career and promotional opportunities
- First class supervision and continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities
- A thriving research and development culture
- Supportive preceptorship arrangements for newly qualified staff
- Individual development programmes
We're one of the top ten NHS trusts in the country to work for. We aim to be the best employer we can be and to have skilled, motivated staff providing excellent services. There are many benefits to working for TEWV, including:
- NHS pension scheme
- 27 -33 days annual leave with the option to purchase additional days
- flexible working opportunities
- free car parking, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers
- access to employee support, independent counselling, chaplaincy and physiotherapy
- great career development opportunities
- staff discounts with many retailers.
Find out more about what we offer as an employer
Working for the National Health Service (NHS)
The health service offers a wide range of opportunities for many people. No matter what qualifications you have, there is usually a job you can do.
You might never have considered a career in the NHS, thinking that we only need nurses, doctors and therapists. However, there are other types of jobs needing to be undertaken to ensure the smooth running of the service, e.g. heating and ventilation engineer, estate management, porter, medical illustration, pharmacy, clinical psychology, information technology, stores, medical laboratory and accountancy to name just a few.
Take a look at some of the different jobs people do at TEWV.
We also need to reflect the local population we serve, so we actively encourage applications from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion or race.
But whatever role you apply for, you'll have a personal progress plan, easy access to a wider and more practice based range of in-house training and development opportunities, and be able to take advantage of our excellent links with local colleges and universities. We also encourage your participation in service development and, especially if you are returning to healthcare after a break, you'll find we have successful and practical programmes in place ready to bring your skills up-to-date.
We can also offer some favourable funding arrangements for students, including the payment of course fees, a bursary and time off for study.