Parkside Mental Health Resource Centre, Middlesbrough
Tel. 01642 579200
Fax. 01642 579201
Parkside Mental Health Resource Centre (MHRC) is a community hub for the four adult community mental health teams working across Middlesbrough.
The adult community mental health services include the:
- Access team provides a timely, comprehensive mental health assessment for individuals aged 18-65 years who live in the Middlesbrough locality
- Affective team provides a service to people with significant mental health problems associated with disorders of mood, emotion, behaviour and personality
- Psychosis team provides a service to people with a severe and persistent mental disorder associated with a low level of functioning
- Early intervention in psychosis team provides a specialist service for the early identification, assessment and treatment of people with a first episode of psychosis.
The community mental health teams are multi-disciplinary and include:
• Nurse consultants
• Psychological therapists
• Occupational therapists
• Community psychiatric nurses
• Social workers and approved mental health practitioners
• Associate practitioners
• Community support workers
• Secretarial and administrative staff.
How to access the service
Referrals to the Access service are accepted from General Practitioners and partnership agencies and should normally be in writing to the address/fax number above.
Referrals to the Early Intervention Psychosis Team are accepted from a variety of sources, such as GPs, community teams, mental health wards, counselling services, young people and children's services, and housing services. This list is not exhaustive. The team is prepared to take referrals from any service or team who think a young person they encounter maybe having some unusual or distressing experiences.
Direct referrals can also be made by people or their families. Please contact the team to discuss a potential referral on the number provided at the top of this page.
Referrals to the Affective Disorders and Psychosis Teams are normally made via the Access Service.
Getting to Parkside MHRC
Local transport includes the Arriva bus service to Dorman Museum, Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough 12/13/17/17A/29/29A/63
Car parking is available at the front of the building for visitors, with additional pay-to-park parking available adjacent to the building.
Disabled access is available at Parkside MHRC.
Parkside on film
Take a look at Parkside Mental Health Resource Centre on film, courtesy of the Evening Gazette in Middlesbrough.