The Northern Centre for Eating Disorders provides specialist inpatient services for adults
Patients and carers are at the heart of everything we do and they have been involved in the design of Birch Ward.
On Birch Ward patients have:
- Single en suite bedrooms, all with a window view, TV, DVD and CD player
- Two dining rooms, one in the main ward area and a separate ‘activities of daily living’ dining room
- Central airy hub sitting area with daily papers and magazines
- Four lounges, including two with Sky TV and visitors’ lounges
- A full kitchen with a dedicated chef for the centre and a separate ‘activities of daily living’ kitchen
- Occupational therapy activities room and two garden areas
- Computers with wireless internet access
All our facilities are suitable for people with physical disabilities and wheelchair users.
Patients are also able to access the other facilities at West Park Hospital.
We understand how important it is for our patients to be able to keep in touch with their family and friends whilst in hospital which is why we offer our patients internet access and Skype links.