The Mulberry Centre provides specialist child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)
Tel number: 01325 736350
The Mulberry Centre CAMHS team has three main functions:
- Assessment and treatment of children and young people 0-18 years of age with mental health problems
- Advice, support and consultation for family members, carers and workers from health, social services, educational and voluntary agencies
- Promotion of positive mental health in children and young people.
The child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) across County Durham and Darlington has a single point of access for referrals and self-referrals to CAMHS services. To contact the team please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 1239296.
Staff at the Mulberry Centre include:
- Consultant child and adolescent psychiatrists
- Clinical psychologist
- Team manager
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Play therapists
- Team clinicians
- Primary mental health worker
- Senior house officers
- Administrative support.
Treatment and therapies available
The team offers a range of interventions both at the assessment and treatment level for children and young people up to the age of 18.
The first contact with a child, young person or family will have an assessment within a developmental and systemic framework as its primary focus.
Treatment programmes are agreed following assessment and length of treatment is determined by the complexity and severity of the problem. Examples of types of treatment are:
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Play therapy
- Group therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapy
- Advice and support for parents
- Pharmacological interventions
- Parenting group work.
Getting to the Mulberry Centre
Bus services - there are regualr bus services to Darlington Memorial Hospital, visit the Arriva website for further information.
Train services - the nearest Darlington train station. Visit National Rail for further information and timetables.
Car parking for the Mulberry Centre is available just outside the building however this is limited and chargeable. Further car parking is available on site within the grounds of Darlington Memorial Hospital.