Have your say in local mental health and learning disability services by becoming a member of our trust
- Be involved in helping shape the future direction
- Vote for governors
- Stand as governors
- Be appointed as Non Executive Directors
Public membership is open to anyone over the age of 14. Members are grouped depending on where they live and public seats are based on the population size.
We have introduced a Rest of England Constituency so no matter where you live in England, you can still be a member of our Trust.
You can apply online or apply in writing (see below 'Apply now to become a member')
We ask that our members select a level of membership that is most appropriate for them. Members can choose what kind of information they receive from us and their level of involvement. You can choose from one of the following membership levels:
Support Member – Receive minimum communication, annual general meeting and election information only
Informed Member – same as a support member PLUS you will receive a copy of our newsletter.
Active Member – same as an informed member PLUS you will also receive details of local events, consultations and surveys
Involved Member – same as an active member PLUS you will have the option to participate in service user, carer reference and training groups. Suited to individuals with current or recent (within 1 year) experience of services. Honorarium and expenses may be payable.
Trust Secretary's Department
West Park Hospital
Edward Pease Way
We send a welcome pack to all new members and will ask you to tell us of your preferred level of membership.
Please note that if you don't inform us of your preferred level of membership you will automatically be set as an informed member.
Apply now to become a member
There are a number of ways you can apply to become a member of the trust:
- Complete our secure online membership application form. Please note that this will open in a new window.
- A Microsoft Word version of our application form - which you can complete and send back to us as an email attachment to email@example.com
- Or Adobe PDF version - which you can print out, fill in and post back to us. The address to send it to is on the form.
- Or request an application form and membership details to be sent to you by post by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Trust Secretary's Department on Tel: 01325 552314.
- Print off and complete our easy read application form. Please return it to FREEPOST TEWV.
Staff membership is open to staff who are on a permanent or temporary contract for at least 12 months. Staff membership is sub-divided into 6 groups, called classes, which are as follows:
- County Durham and Darlington
- North Yorkshire
- York and Selby
The new staff classes are based on either the area a member of staff works in or in the case of Corporate or Forensic, the Directorate that they are employed within.
If you are a member of staff and are uncertain about which class you are eligible for, or have been allocated to, please contact the Trust secretary's department on 01325 552314 and they will be happy to discuss this with you.