The Trust will hold its second #iCanPreventDelirium conference on Friday 20 January 2017.
World Delirium Day 15 March 2017
The Trust is proud to support World Delirium Day taking place on 15 March 2017
Teams and departments across the Trust are encouraged to take part and support the event with the following resource available for use:
- World Delirium Day information
- #icanpreventdelirium banner
- #icanpreventdelirium poster
- #icanpreventdelirium management poster
- #icanpreventdelirium prompt card
- #icanpreventdelirium quiz
- #icanpreventdelirium hashtag logo
The Trust held its second #iCanPreventDelirium conference on Friday 20 January 2017.
The event was held in conjunction with, and funded by, Health Education England North East, and focussed on community care and management of delirium and aimed to raise awareness of delirium among health professionals, including those working in acute and care home settings.
The event, held at Newcastle Falcons stadium in Newcastle and following the success of the first conference in June 2016, attracted around 200 attendees from the north east and across the country.
The day was headlined by a number of guest speakers including locally and nationally recognised experts in delirium.
The event provided attendees with the opportunity to take part in a range of workshop sessions
Event agenda including details of workshops.
Event speakers and links to presentations (where available)
- Dr Najma Siddiqi, Clinical Senior Lecturer in Psychiatry leading research on delirium in care homes.
- Dr Thomas Jackson, Clinical Fellow in Aging Research and an Honorary Consultant in Geriatric Medicine.
- Dr Lesley Young, Consultant Geriatrician, Sunderland Royal Hospital
- Nadine Schofield from Lets Respect
- Dr Sophie Wilcox, NTEES Simulation team
- Dr Mani Krishnan, consultant in old age psychiatry / liaison psychiatry and associate clinical director, mental health services for older people, Tees Esk Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Sophia Bennett, consultant old age psychiatry, Tees,Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Eleni Fixter, senior registrar, Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Kim Barkas, ST4 pyschiatry, Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
Find out more about the workshops
Gemma Keeligan and Matt Dawkin workshop presentation.
We’ll post photographs from the event on the Trust’s facebook page as the day progresses.
We’ll also post pledges made by delegates at the event here as we learn about them.
Watch our video about delirium.