Leadership skills course for service users, carers or advocates within the Trust area with lived experience of mental ill health
The 2018 sessions are now underway.
The Trust's Introduction to leadership for service users, carers and advocates programme 2018 aims to:
- support service users, carers and advocates with career and personal development
- work together to develop leadership skills - to share ideas and experiences and learn from each other
- support and encourage service users, carers and advocates to be effective in influencing and contributing to service improvements
- empower service users, carers and advocates within their own local services
- encourage participants to create and sustain a self supporting network.
2018 is the 19th programme and will cover:
- what is leadership
- coaching conversations
- improving personal effectiveness
- participating in and chairing meetings
- time management
- personal developement toolkit
- difficult conversations
- team working.
2018 programme sessions will run from May to December with one session per month. The days start at 10am and finish at 4pm.
A taster event will be held in April to find out more about the programme. If you would be interested in the programme, you must commit to attending all seven days if possible.
Sessions will take place on:
- Taster session: 24 April 2018
- Day 1: 22 May 2018
- Day 2: 19 June 2018
- Day 3: 17 July 2018
- Day 4: 18 September 2018
- Day 5: 16 October 2018
- Day 6: 20 November 2018
- Day 7: 14 December 2018
The course, including the taster session, will be held at:
The Bar Convent, 17 Blossom Street, York, YO24 1AQ
If you would like to take part in the programme please complete this application form or contact the Trust's organisational development team email@example.com / 01642 451665.
Closing date for application forms is 29 March 2018.