Occupational therapists use a variety of everyday meaningful activities to:
- promote independence in daily living;
- maintain or increase function;
- promote good health;
- improve quality of life;
- encourage self reliance.
For more information:
- What is occupational therapy? trust leaflet
- Health Professions Council website
- British Association of Occupational Therapists and College of Occupational Therapists (BAOT/COT) website
Successful occupational therapy experiences
We have collected a number of stories about our service users experiences of occupational therapy services. These describe how occupational therapy has helped/is helping in their recovery from mental ill health. Read about these successes in our sharing your experience stories.