The Evergreen Centre takes referrals for young people living in County Durham, the Tees Valley, Tyneside, Wearside, Northumberland and North Cumbria.
- Young people under 18 years of age with diagnosis or suspected diagnosis of severe eating disorder (anorexia, atypical anorexia, severe bulimia), medically or psychologically too unwell / high risk for community management.
- Patients will normally already be under the care of a community eating disorders service (where present) or a secondary care mental health service.
- Young people admitted directly to paediatric wards may be referred directly to inpatients alongside a referral to Locality Tier 3 CAMHS Team
As a GP how do I access the service?
The service is based at the Evergreen Centre, West Lane Hospital, Middlesbrough and operates 24 hours per day 365 days per year.
Routine referrals can be made Monday to Friday during the hours of 9.00am-5.00pm. Urgent referrals will be assessed as indicated by the presenting clinical needs.
To refer a patient contact your local Tier 3 CAMHS team:
The child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) across Teesside has a single point of access for referrals and self-referrals to CAMHS services. To contact the team please call 0300 013 2000 and choose from one of six options:
- Option 1 - Training department
- Option 2 - Middlesbrough CAMHS
- Option 3 - Redcar CAMHS
- Option 4 - Hartlepool CAMHS
- Option 5 - Stockton CAMHS
- Option 6 - CAMHS crisis and liaison team
Referrals are accepted from Tier 3 CAMHS services and in exceptional circumstances, from consultant physicians in acute hospitals when a patient is identified.