Human rights in health care - Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world. A human being is every person in our world; from when a baby is born until a person dies they are a human being.
You have the right to:
- be involved and engaged throughout your care. If you are unsure about something, please don’t sit in silence, ask a member of staff to explain
- accessible information in a range of different formats to best suit your needs
- be safe, clean and well cared for
- provide us with honest feedback that helps us improve our services by telling us what is going well and what isn’t going so well
- confidentiality, meaning that your personal information and information relating to your care is protected by us
- support and given every opportunity for recovery.
We encourage you to speak up for yourself
This means speaking to us about what is on your mind, tell us about your needs and wishes, and be brave (we know this can sometimes be difficult) and speak with us about your feelings, thoughts, hopes and dreams.
What does FREDA say?
- to keep an open mind, not make decisions or offer choices without considering everyone’s point of view.
- to be polite
- to listen
- to value yourself and other people.
- not treating someone worse or making them feel less important or less valuable because of their disability or the colour of their skin, who they love, what they believe in or how old they are.
- to respect someone’s privacy and to be clean and comfortable when you are unwell
- to listen to someone about how they would like to be treated.
- to respect people’s wishes and choices, whenever possible
- to allow people to make choices on their own or with support if they need it
- to help people to be independent, to live full healthy lives within their community by providing services that help them to recover or to manage their illness.
If you feel that you are not been treated how you should be, please speak to a member of staff.
What if I have any other questions?
Trust staff will do their best to answer any questions you may have. If they do not know the answer they will find out and let you know as soon as they can.
|Date last updated:||09 / 2017|
|Archive date:||09 / 2020|
Was this information useful? Please let us know by clicking here.