The Primary Care Mental Health Worker Services are based within 25 GP surgeries providing support to 33 different GP surgery sites.
Responsibilities of the service
Its responsibilities include:
- Mental health assessment and treatment within a primary care setting.
- Advice/risk assessment for the primary care counselling and IAPT service.
- Provide a link between primary and secondary care mental health services
- Providing expert assessment where issues are unclear or where triage is required to ensure the patient gets to see the most appropriate mental health practitioner to meet their needs.
- In house support for primary care practitioners on the treatment of patients experiencing mental health problems.