One trust, a host of psychiatry opportunities
TEWV for psychiatrists
At TEWV you’ll enjoy excellent career and promotional opportunities, first class supervision and CPD, and flexible working. We have various psychiatry opportunities including:
- Access to local psychiatric teaching
- Audit opportunities
- Allocated time for educational and clinical supervision
- Wide range of training experiences
- Specialist placements
- Excellent support to help prepare for Royal College examinations
- Medical student teaching opportunities
- Leadership champion initiative
- Specialist placements
- Specialty doctors’ away days
- Excellent support
- Wide career development opportunities
- Specialty doctors’ tutor role
- Strong clinical leadership
- Well-developed medical education faculty
- Generous relocation package
Your career and development
We want to be the best employer we can be.
This means making sure our staff feel supported and valued in their role and that they are able to acquire the skills and expertise they need to do their jobs well and to develop their careers, get involved and contribute to decision making within the trust and develop as leaders and managers to help us successfully lead the organisation.
At TEWV you’ll find
- Strong clinical leadership with excellent relationships between clinical leaders and
- A thriving research culture with a burgeoning academic department based in the University of Durham, putting us firmly on the map as a national and international centre of NHS driven mental health research
- A well-developed medical education faculty with the opportunity to train medical students from three medical schools
- An annual conference for our medical staff
- Training and professional development opportunities
What else do we offer?
Don't just take our word for it...
“Unique opportunities have been made available at TEWV which have allowed me to pursue interests in medical education within an innovative, proactive department. This is a trust which clearly supports education and provides a good quality of life”. Dr Sharon Beattie, Specialty Registrar
"I was fascinated by the organisation and the cohesiveness of the team, the flexibility given to the trainees, with invaluable opportunities to be involved in many clinical and non-clinical activities". Dr Zeid Mohammed, Core Trainee