Becoming a member of the Foundation Trust is a way for you to have your say in how your local mental health, learning disability and substance misuse services are run and lets you help shape and develop future services.
How do I become a member?
Visit our 'become a member' page for details on membership
View our membership charter which was approved by the council of governors in 2012
We have asked our members to select a level of membership that is most appropriate for them. Members can choose what kind of information they receive from us and their level of involvement. You can choose from one of the following membership levels (your default level will be set as an ACTIVE member):
- Support Member – Receive minimum communication, Annual General Meeting and election information only
- Informed Member – same as a Support Member PLUS you will receive a copy of our newsletter.
- Active Member – same as an Informed Member PLUS you will also receive details of local events, consultations and surveys
- Involved Member – same as an Active Member PLUS you will have the option to participate in service user, carer reference and training groups. Suited to individuals with current or recent (within 1 year) experience of services. Honorarium and expenses may be payable.
Members can inform the Trust Secretary's Department of their prefered membership level by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01325 552314 or in writing to:
Trust Secretary's Department
West Park Hospital
Edward Pease Way
Alternativley, the reply form in the supplement below can be completed and returned to FREEPOST TEWV:
Who can become a Member?
Anyone over the age of 14 years and who resides in the area that the foundation trust covers can apply for membership.
What are the benefits of being a member?
As a member you will:
- Receive newsletters and updates about the trust's activities
- Receive invitations to member's meetings and governor forums
- Be able to stand as a governor
- Be able to elect governors
- Have access to the council of governors and the trust
- Receive notice of consultations on changes to services etc
Where can I find details of my governors and news for the area I live in?Details of your public governors and local news can be found here
How much time will it take?
As little or as much as you like, you may wish to only receive information, you may wish to attend forums and meetings - the choice is yours.
How much will it cost me?
Membership of the Foundation Trust is free – there is no cost whatsoever.