Volunteer update - March 2014
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Trust.
* * At the moment our volunteer opportunities are all full and we have a waiting list for the next ones which arise. * *
Please visit our web pages again or contact us at the beginning of May 2014, when we will hopefully have some more opportunities available.
We aim to recruit and support volunteers from all sections of the local community to complement the work of the trust’s staff in looking after the people in our care. The voluntary services manager works with staff to help volunteers make a real difference to the lives of our services users, their carers and families.
Who we help
Volunteers can be with our clients helping in their daily lives including:
- People who are elderly.
- People with learning disabilities.
- People with physical or sensory impairments.
- People experiencing mental health problems.
How we help
We help people by providing friendship, encouragement and skills. Volunteers can assist in:
- Hospitals across County Durham, Teesside and North East Yorkshire.
- The community.
- Day centres around the patch.
What you can offer
Volunteers can share their skills, knowledge, leisure time and friendship with our clients. A volunteer’s most valuable contribution is often enthusiasm and commitment.
If you possess these qualities, and are aged 18 or over, you could be the type of person we want.
What we offer
We offer volunteers the opportunity to:
- Develop experience in an area of voluntary work of their choice.
- Be supported by our staff.
- Extend their own personal development.
- Participate in the social life of our clients.
- Increase their knowledge of caring for our clients.
- Access relevant training.
Volunteers are not paid for their work, but we can reimburse agreed expenses.
Applications in psychology are welcome from graduates with a 2:1, 1st or Masters degree. Places are limited and we cannot guarantee placements. Applicants may have to consider alternatives.
Voluntary Services Department
Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
Lanchester Road Hospital
Durham DH1 5RD